Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Brain Injury Recovery (3 Hours)
Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM
12:00pm – 12:30pm EDT / 11:00am – 11:30am CDT
Topic: Top 10 Things Workers Compensation Case Managers and Adjusters Need to Know About Brain Injury
Speaker: Shannon Swick, MA, LLP
• Classify mild, moderate, and severe brain injury
• Compare rehabilitation alternatives for individuals with acquired brain injury.
• Discuss life time needs and cost management of individuals with acquired brain injury
12:30pm – 2:00pm EDT / 11:30am – 1:00pm CDT
Topic: Understanding the Value of Recovery Pathway Approach to Brain Injuries
Speakers: Zack Craft, ATP, ATS, CAPS, CEAC, CRTS and Hayley Tidwell, BSN, RN, CCM
• Identify three of the most common types of brain injuries within worker’s compensation.
• Define integrated approach related to Workers’ Compensation.
• Understand recovery time frames and assessments for return to work.
• Recognize the importance of an integrated approach be able to address level of function, appropriate
measurements and therapy produce evidence-based outcomes.
2:00pm – 3:00pm EDT / 1:00pm – 2:00pm CDT
Topic: Understanding Neurobehavioral Issues in Traumatic Brain Injury
Speaker: April Gross, Ph.D.
• Explain how brain injuries lead to neurobehavioral issues from a biopsychosocial perspective
• Describe common neurobehavioral issues after brain injury and evidence-based interventions for
• Discuss the impact of neurobehavioral issues on overall functional recovery after brain injur